About Lynne N. Hardwick
Lynne Hardwick’s art is an intuitive, personal journey based on her life experiences. She shares her stories through her brushes in a variety of art medias from oils, acrylics, watercolors, inks, encaustic and collages. An avid traveler, Hardwick has an insatiable desire to meet the world’s people, see their countries and dig into their antiquities, as well as their spirituality and beliefs. Art has motivated and enabled her to travel nationally and internationally since 1965. Hardwick’s art work and paintings are built symbolically by her life, travels and the pure joy of living these experiences.
After beginning to painting earnest in 1973 Hardwick has studied with a multitude of the world’s finest award winning teachers.
Now a national and international award winner in her own right, she still strives to study a minimum of 8-14 weeks a year. Since 1985 she has painted on site in the USA, Canada, Western and Eastern Europe, South America, Turkey, Greece, all of the British Isles, Japan, China, Thailand, Viet Nam, Korea and parts of Central America.
Although her work is abstract, layered and generally non-objective, viewers are able to sense the influences of her travels and Hardwick’s unique style and design allows them to find their own stories in her artwork.
Lynne says “I am humbled knowing that what comes from my heart and soul has touched people who collect my pieces. I am living my dream and it is overwhelming and wonderful”.
Signature Awards, National and International:
- International Society of Experimental Artists
- International Society of Acrylic Artists
- Missouri Watercolor Society
- Northwest Watercolor Society
- Southern Watercolor Society
- South Carolina Watermedia Society
- Wales Int’l Exchange Exhibit
- Art League of Hilton Head
- Charleston Artists Guild
- Charleston City Gallery
- Pikes Peak Int’l
- Rocky Mountain Nat’l
- S.C. State Fair – 1st Place
- WAS-H Houston Int’l
Affiliations & Shows:
- Adirondack Nat’l
- Atalaya SC
- American Watercolor Society
- Kiawah Arts Festival
- MOJA Arts Festival
- N. Charleston Performing Arts Center
- San Diego Int’l Watercolor Society
- Watercolor Society of Alabama
Permanent Museum Collections:
- Burroughs-Chapin Art Museum
Featured in The Creative Edge by Mary Todd Beam